Re: RFS: splay -- A bit better prepared now ...

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 12:57:10PM +0100, John Hedges wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 12:13:37PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
[...]
> > * debian/copyright does not list the actual copyright notice. See
> >   http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/12/msg00007.html
[...]

> Thanks for your interest and advice. I was hoping to get away with the
> 'new maintainer' bugfix but agree that now is a good time to get the
> package into some kind of shape.

;-)
The copyright issue is release critical,
http://people.debian.org/~ajt/sarge_rc_policy.txt

> I followed the advice given here in
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/12/msg00194.html for the
> copyight file and so included all the copyright from the source
> verbatim.  Should I add the full copyright message to the existing or
> replace it altogether?

You should list download source, the copyright notices, point to
/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2 and list current and previous
Debian maintainers.
                cu andreas