Re: RFS: splay -- A bit better prepared now ...

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 12:13:37PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> On 2004-07-09 John Hedges <john@drystone.co.uk> wrote:
> > I'm a little better prepared now and have an orig.tar.gz, a .dsc and a
> > .diff file uploaded to
>
> >     http://www.callpoint.org/splay/
> [...]
>
> It is a little bit rough around the edges:
>
> * Standards-Version: 3.5.10. Please check upgrading-checklist.txt.gz
>   for changes required to fulfill current policy. (Actually the
>   package does not comply with 3.5.10, it does not implement
>   DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS as defined in policy 10.1)
>
> * debian/copyright does not list the actual copyright notice. See
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/12/msg00007.html
>
> * Please pass along the correct build-type ($(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE)...)
>   as descripded /usr/share/doc/autotools-dev/README.Debian.gz
>
> * debian/* contains some cruft. xsplay has been gone from Debian for a
>   long time (has it ever been inncluded?) and as it is QT2 the code is
>   probably dead anyway. How about removing the whole QT/xsplay stuff?
>                  cu andreas

Thanks for your interest and advice. I was hoping to get away with the
'new maintainer' bugfix but agree that now is a good time to get the
package into some kind of shape.

I followed the advice given here in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/12/msg00194.html for the
copyight file and so included all the copyright from the source
verbatim.  Should I add the full copyright message to the existing or
replace it altogether?

Cheers

John