Re: RFS: bbppp -- PPP tool for the blackbox window manager

Hello Brian!

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 03:52:08PM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
> I can sponsor you I guess, but I don't have a PPP link on which to test
> it.  I'd have to take your word on it that it works.

That's great, thanks a lot.

Well, the package relies on pon / poff to work properly, so wherever
those work this package _should_ work as well.
Hm, all I can say is it works here[tm], and I can give my word on
that ;)

> I have a couple comments:

That's great, too. Sometimes no response at all can be bad... :)

> * The patch that changes 0's to NULL's is pointless.  In C++, NULL is
>   just "#define NULL 0".

Definitely true. I preferred QA's patch over upstream's patch since
for me 'NULL' just makes it somewhat clearer.
In technical terms they are the same, unlike in plain C, but speaking
in human terms (just mine at that time) they differ. But as I don't
want my preferences to confuse anyone I reverted this change now.

> * The xlibs-dev build dependency is obsolete:
> [...]

Ouch, bad one of mine. xlibs-dev sounded just appaling to me so I
didn't check it any further, sorry about that. Fixed now.

I've uploaded up-to-date content (lintian / linda clean) to
http://ernst.uni-hd.de/debian/bbppp

Please tell me if there is anything else you want me to check / fix.

A small sidenote: as 0.2.3-4 didn't make it into Sarge yet and
possibly will be delayed because of problems in the s390 buildd (at
least that's what I guess) an upload of 0.2.4-1 should be delayed as
well...

Thanks for taking your time,
cheers,
Flo