Re: looking for a sponsorship in schooling

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:27:39PM +0000, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> What strikes me as odd is why people think they will get any kind of
> scholarship (which seems to be the objective) with such a mail.

It's like spam.  They send an e-mail to anything that vaguely resembles an
e-mail address within four hyperlinks of the word "sponsor".  It might annoy
the hell out of half a million people overall, but if they get a sponsorship
out of it, it's served it's purpose.

Luckily, hitting d-mentors means they've been archived, so with a bit of
luck the "Ghost of Usenet Postings Past" will Google up on them on future
job applications...

- Matt