Re: RFS: evolvotron (graphics)

Tim Day <timday@bottlenose.demon.co.uk> schrieb:

> - I have enough semi-obsolete spare machines here to turn one over to
> unstable (looks a bit easier to get to grips with than pbuilder).

Note that there is one advantage of pbuilder: When you compile in a
pbuilder environment, you know that there are no packages installed
beside the base ones installed by debbootstrap and build-essential. So
you know when you make it install the packages in your Build-Depends
line and it does compile, that this line is correct and sufficient.

If you compile on your sid machine, you never know what's left from a
previous build of an other package, or simply because you installed it
to ease your work.

I am running sid in a permanent chroot and do some testing and working
there. But when it comes to building packages, I still use pbuilder.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie