Re: RFS: evolvotron (graphcs)

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 09:58:53AM +0100, Frank K?ster wrote:
> > - Does it matter that I built this on a testing rather than unstable
> > system ?  (I have a stable and a testing box here).
> The *deb is not really interesting; important are the source parts (dsc,
> diff.gz, orig.tar.gz). But you should really set up pbuilder or
> something similar, in order to verify that it does build on unstable,
> with only the Build-Depends (and essential) installed.

Agree on pbuilder needing.

Only a clarification:
.debs are interesting after a binary upload, since compiling agaist
testing means using libs present in testing.

Binary packages to be uploaded in unstable should be linked against
unstable's libs, ie the most updated ones.

Alternative: a source only upload (is it currently possible? I never
needed it), only if it has been tested in unstable, though.

So an unstable environ to test packages is really appreciated, pbuilder
aside :). It could be easily set up in a chroot jail (che same of
pbuilter too), if the package to be tested isn't so complex and you
cannot install unstable.

my 2 cents,
	cosimo.