Re: RFS: pdfmerge

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 11:43:26PM -0800, Ben Young wrote:
> On 03/03/04, Matthew Palmer wrote:
>
> > Make that at least two.  And I haven't exactly seen
> a huge clamour of people
> > rushing to your defence in any coherent fashion.
> > It's not a bad concept,
> >
> > You are free to take your bat and ball wherever it
> suits you.
> >  [...]
>
> Common guys I think you're being harsh w/ the poor
> lad. He wrote something that he wants to share and
> instead of supporting him, you're trying to nail him
> down on the list.

   Hey, they're just saying that it should be is gs-common, not that the
script shouldn't be in Debian. Someone even told him to ask upstream to
include it, IIRC. And if upstream doesn't want it, or if the next release
still needs some work and won't be really for Sarge, gs-common maintainer can
always include it as a Debian plus.

   As for finding the script name, the user probably should do an apropos or
something.... although perhaps we could add the word "merge" somewhere in the
description :-?

--
Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso*demiurgo*org> - http://www.demiurgo.org
No software patents in Europe! - eurolinux.org - proinnova.hispalinux.es