Re: RFS: pdfmerge

--- Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso@demiurgo.org>
wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 11:43:26PM -0800, Ben Young
> wrote:
> > On 03/03/04, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> >
> > > Make that at least two.  And I haven't exactly
> seen
> > a huge clamour of people
> > > rushing to your defence in any coherent fashion.
> > > It's not a bad concept,
> > >
> > > You are free to take your bat and ball wherever
> it
> > suits you.
> > >  [...]
> >
> > Common guys I think you're being harsh w/ the poor
> > lad. He wrote something that he wants to share and
> > instead of supporting him, you're trying to nail
> him
> > down on the list.
>
>    Hey, they're just saying that it should be is
> gs-common, not that the
> script shouldn't be in Debian.

Yeah... but it was said in a quite arrogant manner.
Matthew Palmer said things neatly in his first email
(which I think everybody understood correctly!), then
I didn't quite like the tone of his second one.
Just because you carry a #####@debian email doesn't
give you the right to feel almighty and powerful, and
to talk sarcastically.

There's a neat way of saying things, but I guess some
preferred the hard way. :-/

Sincerely yours,
Ben Young,
Systems Engineer.