Re: New upstream packages?

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 06:23:28PM -0500, Erinn Clark wrote:

> After checking appropriate docs and asking around and getting different
> answers, I thought I'd see if there was any consensus on this:
>
> How do you deal with new upstream releases? The general answers I'm getting
> seem to be along the lines of "move the debian/ directory to the new
> release and tweak it til things work". Is this correct? If so (or if not),
> shouldn't there be something in devref or policy about it?

I use cvs-buildpackage, but will probably move to something more like
tla-buildpackage in the near future.  Both of these tools use a revision
control system to automate the process of updating to a new upstream
release.

If you are already using CVS or Arch, this is probably the way to go.  If
not, look at uupdate in devscripts.

--
 - mdz