Re: "Cannot represent change" error upon PNG file addition

Nick Lewycky <nicholas@mxc.ca> schrieb:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>> Nick Lewycky <nicholas@mxc.ca> wrote:
>>>Is there any plan amongst dpkg type folk to visit and solve this
>>>problem? Or even a bug number?
>> There are several, of different severities, as you could easily have
>> found out yourself.
> I found an 8 year old wishlist bug on dpkg-dev, bug 4588.

There's also #4628, and #203792 with minor severity.

I guess the right place would be debian-dpkg@l.d.o

> Are there any serious initiatives, with traction?

dpkg has a horribly long list of bugs and feature requests. I doubt that
there is serious action to resolve this one in dpkg1, but rumor goes
that about dpkg2.

Regards, Frank
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich