Re: debmake or dh-make, what should I use?

also sprach Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2004.10.17.2031 +0200]:
> That isn't an accurate description of debmake, as should be clear
> from its package description. The debmake package contains debstd,
> which is a monolithic program occupying roughly the same space as
> debhelper, and deb-make, which is analogous to dh_make.

Apologies for spouting false information. Now I am getting
interested in this.

So I guess the answer is: they are largely the same and differ only
in debian/rules, which dh_make creates based on debhelper and
deb-make uses debstd.

Has anyone looked at both, debhelper and debstd? debhelper is the
quasi-standard, but is debstd worth a look?

`. `'`