Re: debmake or dh-make, what should I use?

On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 11:45:34AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> [2004.10.16.2359 +0200]:
> > Ah, cool. I am not sure why, but for some reason I thought dh-make was
> > the deprecated one. I just made an attempt at packaging a python lib,
> > and I failed miserably. :-) I'll just forget about debmake's existance
> > from now on then.
>
> Uh, if I understand correctly, these are apples and oranges. dh-make
> creates a ./debian template set; debmake builds packages.

That isn't an accurate description of debmake, as should be clear from
its package description. The debmake package contains debstd, which is a
monolithic program occupying roughly the same space as debhelper, and
deb-make, which is analogous to dh_make.

Cheers,