Re: debmake or dh-make, what should I use?

also sprach Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> [2004.10.16.2359 +0200]:
> Ah, cool. I am not sure why, but for some reason I thought dh-make was
> the deprecated one. I just made an attempt at packaging a python lib,
> and I failed miserably. :-) I'll just forget about debmake's existance
> from now on then.

Uh, if I understand correctly, these are apples and oranges. dh-make
creates a ./debian template set; debmake builds packages. If debmake
is deprecated, use debuild from devscripts.

And about dh-make... stop using it anyway. Either switch to using
cdbs, or get a hang of packaging so that you don't have to call this
somewhat limited tool. Or do you think it's a feature to require you
to first delete 10-20 files to be left with the 5 or 7 that really
matter?

`. `'`