Re: /usr/include/linux/irq.h Question.

also sprach Eric Dickner <ejdickner@yahoo.com> [2004.10.10.1821 +0200]:
> When I compiled it under 2.2.20-idepci it did need the
> proper kernel-headers-2.xxxx and for this compiling I
> do have the new, matching set of headers.  But it
> isn't getting far enough into the compile to use them,
> as far as I can tell.

It would have surprised me to find Broadcom actually have a clue. As
the maintainer of bcm{44,57}00-source, I can sing a song about that.

So it looks like you will have to fix their stuff.

> Also...I went from 2.2.20-idepci with a "apt-get
> dist-upgrade" so I think I have a new libc6 package;
> 2.2.x to 2.3.x.  Could that be the problem?

Kernel mode drivers should not care about libc6 just like user space
drivers should not care about (linux-)?kernel-headers.

`. `'`