Re: xfree86-driver-synaptics blocked by xserver-xfree86 on s390

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 12:03:38PM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 09:50:09AM +0200, Mattia Dongili wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the subject[1] says it all, will it ever be an xserver-xfree86 for s390?
> > otherwise I'd better chance my package's Architecture field before sarge
>
> There is, today. Notice that xfree86 itself was also stalled by it...

ok, thanks. Better than a swiss timer (as we say in Italy) :)

> Expect your package to go in tomorrow. Do not simply change the
> architecture field because one or two architectures are behind, rather,
> try to research *why* your package doesn't go to testing. In this case,
> Bjorn's page shows wrong information (Cc'ing him). It said:
>
> Adding xfree86-driver-synaptics makes 1 non-depending packages
> uninstallable on s390: xfree86-driver-synaptics

I was actually referring to QA pages excuse:
xfree86-driver-synaptics/s390 unsatisfiable Depends: xserver-xfree86 (>= 4.3.0)

This actually hides a bug in my package (mea culpa), the correct Depends
fields should be since this driver works with XFree86-4.2 too:
Depends: xserver-xfree86 (>> 4.1.0)

Moreover some considerations could be done about the usefulness of a
Synaptics Touchpad driver on S390, I strongly doubt we will ever see it
:)

Anyway thanks a lot for the explanation and help
--
mattia
:wq!