Re: debian-mentors@lists.debian.org

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 02:49:24AM -0700, William Ballard <40414.nospam@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 11:27:59AM +0200, GCS wrote:
> > public part to any keyserver like pgp.mit.edu then search someone who
> > volunteers to sign your key and plan a meeting.
>
> My public key is on pgp.mit.edu, and I can kind of understand the rest
> of your instructions (vaguely, but at least it looks kind of 1... 2...
> 3...).
 Feel free to ask if something is also not-that-clear. I am very sleepy
and may forget some trivial thing for me, but harder for you.

> I don't understand how to do the snipped part above.  On db.debian.org
> all I can do is search for all DDs in the USA and even then I wouldn't
> know who is willing to.
 You can check http://www.debian.org/devel/developers.loc to get a rough
idea if anyone is nearby you. But better check
http://nm.debian.org/gpg.php It seems a couple of DDs are in Canada, the
most known one is Ryan Murray (but he may not be the nearest to you, and
as I know he is overloaded, ie no time). So feel free to email to say
two/three of them near to you and ask for signing your key. If one
volunteers, then you know who to lookup in db.debian.org. Don't forget
your papers for the personal meeting.

> Is there a "standardized" way of meet & greet such as LUG?
 You can ask around in email first I think, then talk about how you two
can meet personally. LUG is an excellent event IMHO.

Cheers,
Laszlo/GCS