Re: Grab bag of questions

Matthew Palmer wrote:

Ayup.  Fairly obviously somebody just decided "hey, let's release the source
for this" but didn't really think through the ramifications of what they
were doing.

I wonder if the Open Source Initiative would consider helping companies to
openly licence their software properly, rather than this half-arsed approach
that appears to be the popular choice nowadays.

- Matt

Pending a response from Raven, would it be at all acceptable to place the acc package somewhere offsite and have the zeth package tell you where to get it, or is even that running afoul of policy?

Also, I can't believe I forgot this, as it was one of my major questions that prompted be to write the e-mail in the first place. zeth uses some functions from Allegro 4.1.x, but the version in the Debian archives is outdated. (4.0.3) I was able to "backport" a few functions (which is quite acceptable due to the license on Allegro), but that's a messy way of handling it. What's the best way to handle this?

I've scrapped the zeth-doc package altogether, as well, as there's a much more updated site available (http://www.zdoom.org/wiki/), and is licensed under the GNU Doc License. I might attempt to package that up at some point, but I doubt it, since it's a Wiki site, so it's extremely transient.