Re: RFS: lksctp - user level libraries and header files for kernel SCTP implementation

Anibal Monsalve Salazar wrote:

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 08:31:47AM +1000, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 05:41:13PM -0400, Michael Biebl wrote:

The author of lksctp calls his project "lksctp" but he packaged the sourcecode as "lksctp-tools-1.0.0.tar.gz".

Rename lksctp-tools-1.0.0.tar.gz to lksctp_1.0.0.orig.tar.gz (note the
'_' and the '.orig') and dh_make will use the name that you want.

Rename the tarball lksctp-1.0.0.tar.gz before running dh_make. After
running dh_make it should be named lksctp_1.0.0.orig.tar.gz.

As the naming issue bothered me I contacted the developer of lksctp-tools and asked him for his opinion. He wrote me that they refer lksctp to the kernel implementation and lksctp-tools as the user-level support package.
He would rather see the package called lksctp-tools.
So I will keep the initally chosen name and rename the wnpp bug accordingly.
But thanks for your help anyway, Anibal.

Best regards
Michael
E-Mail: biebl@teco.edu
WWW: http://www.teco.edu/

TecO (Telecooperation Office) Vincenz-Priessnitz-Str.1
University of Karlsruhe 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany