Re: RFS: lksctp - user level libraries and header files for kernel SCTP implementation

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 05:41:13PM -0400, Michael Biebl wrote:
>The author of lksctp calls his project "lksctp" but he packaged the
>sourcecode as "lksctp-tools-1.0.0.tar.gz".

Rename lksctp-tools-1.0.0.tar.gz to lksctp_1.0.0.orig.tar.gz (note the
'_' and the '.orig') and dh_make will use the name that you want.

>So dh_make proposed to call the package "lksctp-tools". I then went on
>and split off the library and the development files and called them
>"libsctp1" and "libsctp-dev" as I tried to adhere to the debian naming
>policy. I put the remaining doc files in the package "lksctp-tools-doc"
>
>Now I think it's more reasonable to rename "lksctp-tools" to "lksctp"
>and "lksctp-tools-doc" to "lksctp-doc" although it doesn't reflect the
>tarball name anymore.

In debian/copyright state the full URL (including lksctp-tools-1.0.0.tar.gz)
from where it was downloded.

>I would also rather change the entries in
>debian/changelog and the Source field in debian/control to lksctp.
>
>Do you also think this sounds more reasonable?

It sounds good to me.

>As soon as this point is clarified I will retitle the aforementioned bug
>and then hope to find a sponsor for this imho interesting package.
>
>Best regards,
>Michael

Anibal Monsalve Salazar
--
 .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux      | Building 28C
: :' :  Free Operating System | Monash University VIC 3800, Australia