RFS: mp3gain -- Lossless mp3 normalizer with statistical analysis

Hi!

I am still looking for a sponsor for mp3gain, a program to
automatically adjust the volume of MP3s without reencoding. AFAIK
there is no such program in Debian (please correct me if I am wrong)
and it is great if you have a portable MP3 player that doesn't
support normalizing by itself. It is a very simple one binary package
and has been uploaded to mentors.debian.net [0].

  Package name    : mp3gain
  Version         : 1.4.3
  Upstream Author : "Glen Sawyer" <mp3gain@hotmail.com>
  URL             : http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/
  License         : LGPL
  Description     : Lossless mp3 normalizer with statistical analysis

MP3Gain analyzes and adjusts mp3 files so that they have the same
volume. MP3Gain does not just do peak normalization, as many
normalizers do. Instead, it does some statistical analysis to
determine how loud the file actually sounds to the human ear. Also,
the changes MP3Gain makes are completely lossless. There is no
quality lost in the change because the program adjusts the mp3 file
directly, without decoding and re-encoding. Also, this works with all
mp3 players, i.e. no support for a special tag is required.

The ITP bugreport is in #241748.

Thanks,
Stefan

[0] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mp3gain/