signed jar in java library

Hi,

I have started work on packaging the Bouncy Castle Crypto libraries
for Java (bug #234048). I think I have most everything in place for a
first stab, but I can't figure out where to put the signed jar so that
dpkg-buildpackage won't complain.

Basically, the source of the Bouncy Castle Crypto libraries is freely
available, however the library jar file is signed by Bouncy Castle,
which is necessary for its use as a Java security provider.

As far as I can tell, in creating a Java library package, I want to
include all of the original source, but then distribute the signed jar
rather than rebuilding it from the source.

I have tried the various options I could think of, but wherever I try to
include the signed jar in the package, whether inside or outside of the
debian subdirectory, with or without a new jar directory, I get the
following error when I run dpkg-buildpackage:

dh_clean
 dpkg-source -b libbcprov-jdk14-java-1.22
dpkg-source: building libbcprov-jdk14-java using existing libbcprov-jdk14-java_1.22.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: building libbcprov-jdk14-java in libbcprov-jdk14-java_1.22-1.diff.gz
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to debian/jar/bcprov-jdk14-122.jar: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: building libbcprov-jdk14-java in libbcprov-jdk14-java_1.22-1.dsc
dpkg-source: unrepresentable changes to source

What should I be doing different? How can include the signed jar which
was available in a separate download from the source, but which is
necessary to make this package useful.

Thanks for the assistance.

Charles

--