Re: pgAdmin3 packaging issue / Static link

On Saturday 21 February 2004 16:06, Raphaël Enrici wrote:
> I'm sorry to insist, but do you think that the workaround described
> below is acceptable regarding debian policy ? By workaround, I mean
> (shorrt version): as the libs needed by pgAdmin3 won't enter debian
> for the moment (and may be never as they are patched versions of the
> official ones), I added them to the pgAdmin3 package and linked
> statically against these particular ones, just as if they were part
> of pgAdmin3 (which is more or less "the truth" in the present

Looks too nice to suggest they use an unpatched version.

I see no technical problem, nor with policy at first glance.

But i dont't understand your comment in #199822:

The pgadmin team uses a patched version of wxWindows 2.5 that won't
integrate debian for the moment. As debian packages must be build
dynamically we can't upload pgAdmin3 packages until wxWindows 2.5
packages become available. Ron Lee who is responsible of the wxWindows
packages is aware of this and will provide packages as soon as he thinks
that it becomes stable enough.

Ron Lee will provide 'officially patched wxWindows'? If your package is
good, go and integrate debian libs later, else wait for them to come.

My 2c, have a nice day, martin