Re: RFS: scribus

* Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> [2004-02-20 19:26:32 +0100]:

> On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:28:47AM -0500, O. Moskalenko wrote:
> > * Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> [2004-02-20 17:00:58 +0100]:

> > > I may be interested to sponsor this, but I will take a look at
> > > the packages first.
> >
> > Great. Please do.

Thank you for looking at the package.

> Issues:
>  debian/control: You changed many (build) dependencies from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5.
>   Could you explain why? And perhaps include that explanation in the changelog?
>  debian/changelog: The newest changelog entry needs adjustment obviously
>   (Debian version missing, it's not a NMU). You also doesn't have any
>   closes: #bugnr in your entries. Isn't any of the bugs of scribus fixed
>   in these new upstream versions?
>  debian/rules: please add a link from /usr/share/doc/scribus to
>   /usr/lib/scribus/doc/en/ (and consider adding a doc-base file)

Done.

What's left of bugs (not fixed or not forwarded upstream):
Wishlist:
    #202482 (That one is partially fixed and needs more work upstream).

> Minor Issues:
>  debian/scribus.menu: needs=X11 -> needs="X11" (will be a warning with
>   lintian 1.22.11)

Done

>  debian/rules: There are many commented lines. Perhaps some off them
>   are obsolete and can be deleted?) It makes the file more readable.

Done

>  debian/scribus.1: I think there is still some work needed on that,
>   but we can discuss this later

Sure. Should the discussion be carried out on this list or directly?

> Taste questions aka MHO:
>  debian/changelog: I think
>   * debian/control:
>     + change 1
>     + change 2
>
>   is far more readable then
>   * debian/control: change 1
>   * debian/control: change 2
>
>   but after all, its your changelog...

Please don't hesitate to point those things out to me as it's better to
learn the right way in the first place instead of correcting bad habits
later.

So, I can extend that tree structure as follows, can't I?

  * debian/control:
    + Build-depends:
      - change 1
      - change 2
    + Depends:
      - change 1
      - change 2

It's just that in this first upload the list is quite long. It should
not be a big deal later on, of course.

> Aside from the issues mentioned above, the package seems to work fine.
>
> Gruesse,
> --
> Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
> www: http://www.djpig.de/

I'll upload the update package to my repository when I'm done and notify
you directly.

Regards,

Alex.