Re: MPIO digital audio player support for Debian

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, Sebastien Phelep wrote:

> I already tried to package it, and it's quite ok for libraries and utilities
> packages (they still need a little more work to reach Debian Standards
> perfection's level), but I however encounter difficulties having the kernel
> source package operating correctly.

What are the problems exactly?  Package not correctly created?  Doesn't
install?  The patch isn't being recognised on kernel rebuild?  Kernel
rebuild fails with the patch applied?

> So, I'm looking for a Debian mentor who would have kernel source module  /
> multiple debs from one source archive knowledge, and who would be kind
> enough to help me get rid of these problems.

I can give you help on multiple packages from a single source archive (as
can most DDs, I'll warrant).  I've never produced a kernel patch package,
but I know the theory pretty well.

Best to keep discussion on -mentors as much as possible, so the archives can
help the next person who comes along with this problem.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16