How to adopt Package 'taper'?

Dear Mentors,

Due to the WNPP the package 'taper' is orphaned for quite a long period
of time. According to Martin Michlmayrs posting in debian-devel, the packet
will be removed from Debian if nobody volunteers to become the new
maintainer. I use taper and think it would be a pity to loose this
software. If still nobody volunteered, I would.

The Applicant's Checklist requires me to find an advocate before applying
to become a new maintainer. I contacted the current maintainer, Piotr
Roszatycki, some days ago, but didn't receive an answer. If somebody of
you has got further information or is willing to act as my advocate,
please let me know.

Yours,
	René

--
Dipl.-Inform. René Tschirley              http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pooh
TU Berlin, Computer Graphics and Computer Assisted Medicine research group