Re: multiple binary package with different version-numbers?

Use the -v option to dpkg-gencontrol(1).  If using dh_gencontrol, use -u to
pass this flag to dpkg-gencontrol and the -p and -X options to specify which
packages to act on.
Thanks.
I created several '<package>.version' files under 'debian/' and used something along the lines of :
       dh_gencontrol -p$* -u-v`cat debian/$*.version`
This works fine. However, I have to use several of these lines with the package name explicitely given in order to differentiate the binary-arch and binary-indep targets, unless I somehow mecanicaly extract this from 'control'. And it forces me to provide a file for every package whereas only two out of the four need a different version number.

So it would be nice to have dh_gencontrol use 'debian/package.version' for every package it has to operate on if available, with '-v' flags naturally overriding this. This will allow overriding some version numbers without having to change the 'rules' files made by dh_make at all. What do you think of this idea ? Please forgive me if if it is ridiculous!

If it is not, I may be able to add this to dh_gencontrol.

P.S.
I understand this may not be the right list to discuss this, but it seemed natural to ask a simple follow-up question here.

Antoine Mathys