Re: multiple binary package with different version-numbers?

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 11:49:16PM +0100, Antoine Mathys wrote:

> I am packaging OTTER, an automated theorem prover, and MACE, a model finder.
> The otter-3.2 sources come with mace-2.0 bundled in, so I naturally made
> a multiple binary package.
>
> My problem is that I want to produce otter_3.2-1_i386.deb and
> mace_2.0-1.deb, not mace_3.2-1_i386.deb !
>
> I tried to add a Version: field to the packages section of the control
> file. However, dh_gencontrol complains about an 'unknown' field and
> discard it.
>
> To put it simply, I want to produce binary packages with different
> version numbers from the same source package. How can it be done ?

Use the -v option to dpkg-gencontrol(1).  If using dh_gencontrol, use -u to
pass this flag to dpkg-gencontrol and the -p and -X options to specify which
packages to act on.

You will want to generate the version number automatically, anyway, as
otherwise you would need to update it in two places whenever you upload a
new version.

--
 - mdz