Sponsor for distributed computation daemon: protein folding

Hi,

I have made a package for this distributed computation daemon, that helps research on protein folding. I would be glad to get comments to make it better. Would somebody be ready to sponsor me for applying as a debian developer?

The original tar file is huge (22MB) because it contains the (big) binaries for three architectures (i386, powerpc and hppa).

I made the daemon run as user daemon. Since the client needs to write in the current directory, I made /usr/lib/distributed-folding/ a daemon.daemon owned directory. The script to start the daemon is in /usr/sbin. And of course there are init.d scripts to start and stop. Are these good options?

The configuration uses debconf. I completely skip the built-in configuration code, which is quite messy anyway.

My package is available at http://cristal.inria.fr/~bonniot/debian/

About the project itself, you can see http://www.distributedfolding.org
It's pretty exciting, because understanding protein folding might help in curing several diseases like cancers and parkinson.

Thanks for your help,

Daniel Bonniot