ltsp

Hi,

John Tatum here, better known online as slidesinger. I am still learning linux and in no way do I consider myself an expert, but I am teachable, can read documentation, and have a great deal of non-linux computer knowledge.

My programming experience is limited to System 360 mainframes writing assembly language and cobol. I am currently learning C. Since 1992 I have been working as a System Administrator for several companies using netware, mac and windows systems. In 1999 I took over the job of IT manager where I currently work and have begun the introduction of linux wherever possible. Currently we use qmail, phpgroupware, and LTSP.

I have been working the fringes of the LTSP project for the last two years as I learn linux and have recently agreed to take over the maintenance of their debian packages. My goal is to make these packages conform to the requirements of the debian distribution and to see them become official debian packages. Specific information on this project can be found at www.ltsp.org. I am looking for a mentor to teach me the correct way to build and maintain debian packages.

Thanks,

John
jtatum@email.com
slidesinger