Re: Looking for sponsor (Kylix libs packaging project)

> Those libs are binary-only run-time libs if I understand correctly.
> Did you evaluate the impact of those C++ libs in respect with gcc 3.2
> migration path in sid? They are compiled against old ABI, I think. And the
> same for all Kylix stuff.

Hi,

you understand this correctly, these packages are binary only (some
of the libraries are released under GPL, but Borland seem to ignore all
my requests to provide the source code to me.

I see no really big problem in the fact that sid is moving to gcc 3.2...
I believe Debian is going to provide old libraries as some kind of
compatibility layer for exactly this type of situations... The same
way as libc5 package maintained by you is provided for backward
compatibility with binary only applications...

Also these Kylix libraries should not be accessed by anything other than
applications written in Kylix Delphi and Kylix C++ builder...

Sure I might be wrong... Is there any way to test these packages with
new gcc 3.2 stuff?

I believe that there should be an easy way to run Kylix applications on
Debian...

--
Linas Jakucionis Brovienas
http://bro1.tk