Re: openMSX: opengl builtin or split package?

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 05:12:56AM -0200, Yves Junqueira M. Teixeira wrote:
> openMSX supports opengl output, which improves its quality considerably.
> Should I compile it with opengl support (that would make it run-depend on xlibmesa-gl, right?) or should I split it in two packages, an openmsx and an openmsx-opengl?

I think this is more of a matter of preference than anything; neither solution
is definitively more correct than the other.

It doesn't seem to me that this openMSX software is currently in main,
so some background might be helpful...  Does it require X anyway,
regardless of OpenGL support?

If so, it probably doesn't hurt too much to depend on xlibmesa3-gl;
x-window-system-core depends on it already.

> The first scenario requires everybody to get opengl libs even if the user can't run that (like me, actually).

Do you run X?  Even though you have no hardware support, is xlibmesa3-gl
installed on your machine?  (Did you install it to experiment with this
or was it already there?)

HTH,

 - Keegan