Re: take over libghttp

On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 10:45:09AM +0100, GCS wrote:
>  Is it adviceable to take over libghttp? It seems the only one package
> needs it is libhttp-ghttp-perl and also orphaned. IMHO it would be
> better to remove them: gnome-vfs replaces libghttp and perl has other
> bindings to http usage.

A number of packages use it; telegnome, which I maintain, is one.
telegnome is dead upstream AFAIK (making it a major effort to port to
gnome-vfs) but it's still useful and I don't know of any alternatives
providing the same functionality.

I may take over libghttp1 after Christmas if I find that I have some
spare time.