packaging xfree86-driver-synaptics: a couple of questions

Hi all,

I started packaging the synaptics touchpad driver[1] and I have a
couple of issues:

1- the upstream package contains also 2 extra utilities to enable
runtime configuration of the driver (synclient and syndaemon). I'd
package them separately and Recommend the utilities from the driver
package. Is it the correct approach? Any suggestion about the name?

2- the source package needs some X headers not included in xlibs-dev
[2]. Such headers are included in mainstream package, they are X4.2
headers but mainstream says they are ok for X4.3 also. I'd set build
dependency on xlibs-dev and compile against its headers, instead of the
included ones. I'll still compile against the mainstream included
headers for the remaining ones.
Another option could be to create another xfree86-driver-dev to let
external drivers compile. Which solution?

thanks in advance
--
mattia
:wq!

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200311/msg00190.html

[2]
/home/mattia/devel/debian/synaptics-0.12.1/Xincludes/
|-- README.xincludes
`-- xc
    |-- exports
    |   `-- include
    |       `-- X11
    |           |-- X.h
...             more X headers in xlibs-dev
    `-- programs
        `-- Xserver
            |-- hw
            |   `-- xfree86