How to proceed with Thuban Bug #220296

Hallo!

I am the sponsored debian maintainer of thuban, an interactive
geographic data viewer. I got a bug [1] concerning this package saying,
that thuban killed the xwindows session of the bugreporter. We once
observed a similar problem when loading *very* large geodata into
thuban but I am not sure whether this is the same problem as
reported in the bug or another one. The bugreporter himself uses
thuban very rarely so he can not provide more information.

My question is now: how shall I proceed with this bug? I see the
following 2 options:

* Try to reproduce and solve the problem we once had when loading
  large shapefiles then close the bug.
* Set the status of the bug to "More information needed".

But perhaps there are any other and better solutions?

Greetings,

	Silke

Silke Reimer

Intevation GmbH                      http://intevation.de/