Re: Special requirements for scripts in /etc/rcS.d?

Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Bob Proulx in <[🔎] 20031104050909.GB14090@misery.proulx.com>
> >   perl -e 'printf("%o\n",(stat($ARGV[0]))[2]);' /tmp # print mode in octal
> >   41777
> >
> > My only question now is where did that '4' come from in the mode?  But
> > the last four digits always seem to be correct.
>
> stat(2):
>        S_IFDIR    0040000   directory

Aha!  (smacking forehead)  I should have known that.  Thanks for
pointing me to it.

Also the second aha! of the day was when Eric Schwartz kindly pointed
out to me that if stat was not available because /usr was not mounted
then using perl would not help the situation.  I was still fixated
upon the 'coreutils | stat' issue of the previous thread.  :-)

Bob