Re: Special requirements for scripts in /etc/rcS.d?

Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> schrieb:

>> As I don't use nfs at all, I don't know how to figure this out safely
>> during configure. Can you point me to the right place?
>
> Can you explain in more detail how the call to 'stat' is being used?  Is
> it not possible to detect, at runtime, if the stat binary is missing,
> and compensate appropriately by falling back to earlier behavior?

stat is called to get uid and exact permissions of a temporary
configuration file which has just been created. Of course it is no
problem to check for stat's existence and act appropriately if it isn't
there. So my statement "cannot be used" is in fact only true for the
current version which doesn't do any check.

However, I would still be interested if there's a simple method for a
script to find out which directories/partitions will be mounted when.

Thank you, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie