RFS (3): aap

Still looking for a sponsor.  Packages reside at:
   deb http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
   deb src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
Or direct link:
  http://mentors.debian.net/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-all/aap/

There are two binary packages: aap, and aap-doc.

---- Here's the pitch... ----

A-A-P is an astoundingly powerful replacement for make that keeps the good
ideas, cleans up the syntax and adds important features like Python scripting.
 Upstream is Bram Moolenaar, whom you may know as the author of ViM.  It:
* has autoconf/make features
* supports pluggable "tools" for network features such as retrieving build
dependencies from the net with scp or wget or publishing files
* integrates with several flavors of source control systems and offers
facilities for extending it with your own favorite
* can bend bars with the power of its mind.

Homepage: http://www.a-a-p.org/

This package was requested and has been ITP'd, see bug

This is a tool I could honestly see becoming an important part of devscripts-and-friends in the not-too-distant future, because it offers facilities I think Debian developers will find highly useful. Of course, developers of any kind of software will find something useful here.

Cory Dodt