Re: Fixing a b0rked NMU - How long do I have to wait?

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 02:39:17PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 02:36:48PM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > I've made a broken NMU of libgpgme0.4, introducing a
> > /usr/share/info/dir.* rc-bug (218083). I've submitted a patch and tagged
> > the bug accordingly. How long do I have to wait before I can make an
> > upload fixing my own broken NMU? Do I really have to wait again
> > sometime + sometime + delayed-7days as described in developers
> > reference?

> I think that fixing breakages introduced in your own NMU is a duty, and
> I don't think it's necessary to wait so long before doing so. A couple
> of days for the maintainer to respond is adequate, IMHO.

Ok.

> Needless to say, though, be doubly careful to get the second NMU right.
> :-) You may find debdiff useful (in general, not just in this case).

Yes, I use that regularily together with interdiff to check the
respective diff.gz, but it did not help me in this case, because the
respective bug is only triggered if you have /usr/sbin/ in the $PATH.
I did not, the autobuilders do ...
               cu andreas