Re: ITP Timeframe

* Martin List-Petersen (martin@list-petersen.se) [031029 01:25]:
> What would be an appropriate timeframe from the point, where you file an
> ITP until the first package arrives in sid ? What is custom ?

I would say it depends from which side you look at it.

If looking at it as a ITPer, you should upload ASAP (and if not, send
mail to your bug why), and try to not exceed one month.

If looking as someone who wants to use that package, you should be
prepared to wait for some time (about a year if nothing is noticed in
the BTS).

If looking at as someone who is willing to do the packaging yourself,
and the ITP is older than about one month (or even shorter if it is a
very important package, e.g. necessary for the 2.6-kernel), just write
to the packager and offer your help, and if no answer is given for a
resonable amount of time, package and upload yourself. But please be
nice in your mails, as everyone has also a real life, and this is
sometimes really stressing. And try to avoid taking over the ITP
without consent. And of course, the normal rules about being nice,
polite and understanding apply also in this case. And please remember
that we all do our debian work voluntarily in our spare time.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/