Re: randomplay: command-line shuffle music player

It seems to me that randomplay does everything you're requesting (below).

If it's something people are looking for, doesn't it make it potentially
a good candidate for Debian?

Incidentally, my package "shorlfilter" recently entered unstable. The
main script is only about 100 lines, yet it seems to me pretty clear that
it should have wide application and should be in Debian. Again, I'm
wondering if there are any guidelines beyond DFSG for including/excluding
software from the archive?