Re: Howto make one Debian package out of 2 source tar.gz?

Frank Küster wrote:
>>Hrm, what about leaving the source trees separate and simply creating
>>two packages that depend on each other? I mean, when upstream thinks
>>that a separate -doc package is warranted, it might be a good idea to
>>make the docs a separate arch-indep package and reduce archive size this
>>way.
> No, after compiling all there is in the src.tar.gz is the file
If that is not an option, I think it would be preferable just to throw the two
tar.gz's into an orig.tar.gz as is and unpack during build time.
If you have to, move the unpacked directories to the package directory.
Of course, just my 2c.

Cheers

T.