Re: Howto make one Debian package out of 2 source tar.gz?

Frank,

> The program is distributed as two tar.gz files, molmol-2k.2.0-src.tar.gz
> and molmol-2k.2.0-doc.tar.gz. However they have to make one Debian
> Package (or at least be mixed), since after compilation everything that
> comes out of the src.tar.gz is the single binary, whereas manpages,
> internal menu files and so on are in the doc.tar.gz.

Hrm, what about leaving the source trees separate and simply creating
two packages that depend on each other? I mean, when upstream thinks
that a separate -doc package is warranted, it might be a good idea to
make the docs a separate arch-indep package and reduce archive size this
way.

   Simon

--
GPG Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4