Re: Package Versioning question

This one time, at band camp, Colin Watson said:
> "Should" just means that the package won't be thrown out of the
> distribution if it isn't fixed, unlike "must". It doesn't necessarily
> mean that it's OK to ignore it. Certainly, I think people ought to have
> a very good reason to ignore "should" directives, and that they should
> expect bugs if they don't document those reasons.

OK, then, I am persuaded.  Between Colin and Steve's advice I think,
barring any intevention from upstream (who has still not answered )-: ),
I will give this a "false" version number like 0.1-DR7.9 until it gets a
non-development release, so that I don;t in the future get bitten with
being forced into using an epoch.  Thanks all for the advice.

|  Stephen Gran                  | "Nature is very un-American.  Nature    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | never hurries." -- William George       |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Jordan                                  |