Re: When to close bugs on old package versions

Em Tue, 28 May 2002 09:19:26 -0500, Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net>
escreveu:

> No, tagging the bug 'potato' only means that it's a bug that pertains
> specifically to potato.  There are NO RC bugs that are potato-specific,
> because potato is already released. ;)  And for security-related bugs,
> there are other BTS tags.  For my part, I've been tagging such
> potato-specific bugs as 'potato' and leaving them open, with the
> expectation that once woody is released we can have a mass closing of
> all such bugs.  (With champagne, etc.)

That's what I would do to bugs in my packages that only apply to potato.
Having the bugs in the BTS is a good way to collect 'known-issues' for
that package... an administrator may use this list in some way...

About the champagne, we could make a great party when Woody is released,
just like the party that's being prepared for mozilla 1.0 =D

(ID required, no matter how old you look =P)

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org> * <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>