Re: When to close bugs on old package versions

> And what about when, for instance, potato is replaced as the stable distro
> by Woody?  Should the bug be closed then because it's no longer relevant?
> Perhaps it's closed automatically because it's tagged 'Potato', I don't
> know.
>
> Anyway, just trying to think my way through a few issues with the BTS and
> the hows, whys, and wheretofores of bug handling when there are multiple
> simultaneous versions of a package for bugs to be tracked on.

setting it to Potato shows that it has either been fixed or obsoleted in more
recent versions.

wontfix implies this is not a bug but users think it is or sometimes 'cantfix'
for a bug which exists, is known, but requires a complete rewrite and
reimplemenation to fix.