Re: autobuilding arch independent packages ...

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 11:38:02AM +0200, Remi VANICAT wrote:
> Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
>
> > Hello, ...
> >

> [...]
>

> > After a bit more looking, i noticed that the arch: all packages were not
> > autobuilt, which seems normal to me with a bit more thinking about it,
> > but the binary-all package is rather huge, and i have difficulties
> > uploading it right now.
> >
> > So my question: is it possible to get (one of) the autobuilders to also
> > build the arch: all packages ?
>
> one possibility is to ask someone with less bandwidth limitation to do
> be an uploader and to do the uploading (for ocaml related package,
> this could be me). But I don't know what will happen when the uploader
> is someone different from the one who have done the change.
>
> Another possibility is to go to one or another debian.org developer
> machine an to make the build there. You may even be able to use screen
> to not been forced to be connected for the whole build.
>
> Of course this mean that you need to have your gnupg secret key there,
> and this may be unwanted.

Yes, i have done this for the -1 package (i built it on voltaire), but
later one i thought it to be nice that i could do a source only upload,
which is something that doesn't work as expected.

Anyway, i tried to build only the arch:all package on voltaire also, but
without sucess. If you can rebuild only ocaml-source for ocaml 3.06-6
and upload that, please go ahead, it would be an NMU, i don't think
there is problem with the signature stuff. The problem here is in
building only the arch:all packages, i don't think dpkg-buildpackage is
able to do that.

(And about the key stuff, you just ftp the .changes and the .dsc, and
sign them at home, or even, you ssh to the box, and cut&paste them, it
works nice).

Friendly,

Sven Luther