Re: Looking for sponsor/criticism

This one time, at band camp, Stefan Schimanski said:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 22 September 2002 19:01, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > Hello all, I recently packaged up KCDLabel, a very nice GUI CD Label
> > creator.  IT allows for both image and text manipulation, and I find
> > it nice for making CD's for friends.  From the description field:
>
> the program looks nice, but I wonder whether there is a KDE3 version.
> The development seems to be stopped since July 2001. Keep in mind that
> there will be a switch to KDE3 after the gcc 3.2 transition (at least
> that's the plan). Either there will be further development of the
> upstream or you have to do it yourself by that time. Just a thought
> you might consider...
>
> Schimmi

Yeah, I had thought about this, and contacted upstream.  He says that
when KDE3 stabilizes a little, he is going to do a complete rewrite of
the code.  Unfortuntely, he's not yet clear about whether this means a
major version bump, or an entirely new program.

What's your advice at this point?  I basically packaged this up and
asked for review because I'm trying to get a feel for the mechanics of
packaging (with an eye to contributing to Debian with something, even if
not this), and I like the program and use it often.  I can see arguments
for not including it, and if that's the consensus, no problem here.
I'll just look around for something else to package up and go with that.
If somebody still wants to look at my packaging of the program, though,
and offer criticism (which I know it needs) I would appreciate it.  If
you missed the OP, packages are at http://www.lobefin.net/~steve/debian/

Thanks again,
Steve

--
Interfere?  Of course we should interfere!  Always do what you're
best at, that's what I say.