Re: Multiple Binary and man pages

 || On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 00:16:26 +0200
 || Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org> wrote:

 sr> Marco,
 >> My  problem  is this:  for  the  two packeges  I  want  to have  two
 >> different  man  pages (in  fact  "server-enhanced"  has more  config
 >> options that "server") but it would nice if the man pages could have
 >> the same name ("server.conf.5")

 sr> Actually the server program itself should have the same name in both
 sr> packages, so people can switch between the packages easily.

It already does, obviously.

 >> I don't know  how to resolve this, because in the  /debian dir I can
 >> put just one file named "server.conf.5"

 sr> Hrm, the cleanest solution would be to send the manpages to the upstream
 sr> maintainer and have him edit the build scripts so that the correct
 sr> manpage gets installed.

It is not possible, because the man pages were written by
me. Pristine source come with no man pages :((

 >> I  already  red  dh_installman  man  page, but  I  didn't  find  any
 >> suggestion to solve my problem.

 sr> Then do it by hand -- i.e. without debhelper. Give the file an arbitrary
 sr> name and copy it by hand (before the dh_installman call) to
 sr> debian/server-enhanced/usr/share/man/man5/server.conf.5

I've tried the solution proposed by Joey (using the .TH field in the
man source), but it didn't work... so  I think the only way is to do
it manually as many of you have suggested.

 sr>    Simon

Tnks

Marco

--
"..When the Mind is too open, the Brain can drop to the ground.."
-- Piero Angela --