Re: lintian bug? "could not unpack to the desired level"

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:37:07 +0100, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>
wrote:
>For what it's worth, I get exactly the same problem when running lintian
>in an unstable chroot on my woody system. I don't believe it has
>anything to do with the packages (which are processed fine on my
>laptop), but I haven't got round to tracking it down further yet.

This is actually a perl 5.8 issue. Could reproduce the problem with a
sid chroot with perl 5.8, while lintian works fine in a non-chroot sid
with perl 5.6 and a chroot sid with perl 5.6.

No, I didn't try that on a non-chrooted sid with perl 5.8.

Greetings
Marc