Re: [binary+libs] or [binary] + [libs]

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 06:05:04PM -0400, christophe barbé wrote:

> First you don't provide an URL so it's difficult to give you advice.
> Then we have already a package named pwgen which seems to provide the
> same functionality (perhaps it's the same soft but without url we can't
> tell).

URL is not responding. But in any case:
freshmeat.net/projects/passwdgen/

> For the lib in a binary package, in my opinion it depends of the size of
> the whole. If it's really small one package make sense. That said, if
> in the future other programs are likely to use the lib, then it's better
> to provide a lib package in the first place.

Is a 41K package. I would provide a already packaged version, but my
firewall is in the process of being reinstalled and the apache
configuration has not been finished yet...

Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.HispaLinux.es/~data/  |  data.pandacrew.org
Please, encrypt mail address to me: GnuPG ID: 86946D69
FP: BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19

That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.
		--Wolf (Pulp Fiction)